We need a leader for District 14, and we need Edra Bogle. She is a lifelong educator and political activist, as well as former chair of the Denton County Democratic Party.
She's certainly qualified for the position and will bring about a much-needed change on the SBOE, so we want to help her in any way we can. Besides contributions, we've learned of another way we can help.
I received the following email from Bogle's campaign manager:
As a loyal Democrat I am sure you will be supporting all our candidates. The attached letter shows how you can significantly and painlessly help Edra in her race against a far right wing Republican, and help to arrest control of the SBOE from those who would have us teach their particular version of Christianity in the public schools. Please take a moment to read this letter and vote for her today. The children's future is at stake.
Have you ever had a candidate say, “I’m not asking for your money?” Well, I’m not asking you for money, but rather for your help in being endorsed by Democracy for America. Such an endorsement yields both financial aid and excellent publicity. Help me show that I have real support in my race for State Board of Education, District 14, by voting on-line for me.
My opponent is a religious extremist who has done and will do whatever she can to weaken the public school system promoted by none other than Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Jefferson. They had it right in the first place. I will work toward their goal of making education available to every child, and making that education something that children can enjoy and that will serve them well in their actual lives. Our local school systems and our teachers need the freedom to teach the way our country has traditionally done, not follow commands imposed by Austin or by Washington D.C.
Help me by going to the Democracy for America web site and showing your support for me. You need not be a DFA member--everyone is welcome to express their support. Here’s how to vote.
1) Go to www.democracyforamerica.com
2) Click on “endorsements” at top left corner of the page.
3) From the drop down menu click on “current applicants.”
4) Enter your zip code, press enter then scroll down and click on Edra’s photo--you will then be sent to her applicant page.
5) Under “grassroots supporters” click on “add your support.”
6) If you are not a member of DFA you will need to scroll down to “new user.”
7) Fill in your email address, name, and zip code, and create a password. (If you wish to actually join DFA you may do so, otherwise this is all the information needed.)
8) When you click on “sign up” you will immediately be sent an email. Go to your email and open the email, then click on the link provided.
9) Your vote has now been tallied--thank you.
Thank you in advance for helping me to wage this very important campaign, and thank you for your vote.