Tuesday, April 18, 2006

may book club meeting

The Flower Mound Democrats Book Club will meet May 19 to discuss Crashing the Gate: Netroots, Grassroots, and the Rise of People-Powered Politics by Jerome Armstrong and Markos Moulitsas Zuniga. Armstrong and Zuniga are popular political bloggers; Armstrong is considered to be the "founder of the blogosphere" and Zuniga created the dynamite liberal blog DailyKos.

Book Club will meet at fellow NTL blogger Jennifer's house. For directions and additional information, join the Flower Mound Democrats Yahoo! Group or email Jennifer at jenngeoff@comcast.net. Please join us for food, drinks, and lively political discussion.

(Please note that the book club will no longer meet at the end of April. Please change your calendars to reflect a May 19 meeting.)

2 comments:

Bradley said...

I've started reading the book and it's great so far. I hope a lot of people read this one and get out to the meeting next month!

Bradley said...

I finally finished Crashing the Gate and let me just say that I loved it. It really showed what was wrong with the Democratic Party (the consultants, the elite donors, the entrenched Beltway party members, etc.) and to me presented a clear alternative. This book really fired me up... now I'm ready and excited for the April 29 DNC Canvass.