Wednesday, February 21, 2007

McClelland Announces for Dallas City Council

The race for Dallas City Council has a newly declared candidate for District 12 (Far North Dallas). John McClelland has announced his intention of running for the seat. When NTL asked John why he was running he responded....

"I believe it is my civic duty to give back to a city that I've been able to call home for the last 5 years. I want to steer Dallas in the right direction. We need a city government who will stop wasteful spending of our citizens' tax dollars. We need a City Council who feels they are not above the law. We should be model citizens, not model felons.

I am also running my campaign in memory of my brother. He died a year ago to the day I announced my intentions to run. He was a sergeant in the Army and had just returned home from his 2nd tour in Iraq, only to die in a tragic accident. I want to serve my city in the same way my brother served his country."

McClelland will face incumbent Ron Natinsky in the May 12th election. For more information, check out the post on Whosplayin, or visit John's website: www.johnfordallascitycouncil.com

1 comment:

Bradley said...

I am excited for John McClelland's campaign. I can't wait for a real representative of the people to sit on the Dallas City Council! Maybe we'll see the much needed change with a new, fresh perspective in city government.