Sunday, February 11, 2007

dixie chicks win album of the year, four other grammy awards


NTL congratulates the Dixie Chicks on winning the Grammy Award for Album of the Year for their 2006 release Taking the Long Way. Lead singer Natalie Maines noted in her acceptance speech, "I think people are expressing their freedom of speech tonight." Their colleagues made a strong statement indeed by awarding the Texas band, notorious for speaking out against President Bush, with multiple Grammy Awards tonight. In another acceptance speech, Maines laughed, "I, for the first time in my life, am speechless!" After five wins, though, Maines said she was "ready to make nice."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bush was wrong, they were right, nicemaking or not. I am country, I am a North Texan, I LOOOOOVE the Dixie Chicks. Trace and Robin Ann Worthington tracewiii@yahoo.com