Sunday, November 02, 2008

oprah almost loses her vote!

On a live show Friday, Oprah Winfrey said that she participated in early voting but was shocked when reviewing her ballot that the voting machine did not record her presidential choice on the first try. Luckily, she reviewed the ballot and was able to change it, but some people might not have given the ballot a second look.

"When I voted yesterday electronically, the first vote that you vote for on the ballot is the presidential candidate. It was my first time doing electronic, so I didn't mark the X strong enough, or I held down too long. Because then when I went back to check it, it had not recorded my presidential vote," she said.

She then simulated her meltdown, shaking and breathing heavily while stuttering out the words, "It didn't record my presidential vote."

It was a close call, but she could have lost her vote. Don't let it happen to you. If using a voting machine, be very careful to review your ballot and report any irregularities.

Otherwise, have fun and rock the vote!

No comments: