The Denton County Democrats held a press conference Tuesday evening at a packed headquarters in Denton to introduce its slate of candidates for 2008. The message of the evening was the resurgence of the local Democratic Party.
"We are back,” said Neil Durrance, the county Democratic Party chairman. “We are here to offer Denton County residents choice, balance and accountability. It is our intention to bring balance and good government to Denton County.
Here is the list of Democrats announced at Tuesday's press conference.
- County Democratic Chairman - Neil Durrance, Denton
- District Judge, 16th district - Karen Guerra, Carrollton
- Constable, Pct. 5 - Mike Ballard, Denton
- State Board of Education, 14th district - Edra Bogle, Denton
- Commissioner, Pct. 1 - Phyllis Wolper, Denton
- State Rep., Dist 63 - Jesus Carrillo, Ponder
- State Rep., Dist 64 - John McClelland, Little Elm
- U.S. Rep., Dist 24 - Tom Love, Arlington
- U.S. Rep., Dist 26 - Kenneth Leach, Gainesville